Here is the complete guide information about How to Connect Firestick to TCL Roku TV. You’re looking for a way to make Firestick work on your Roku TV but can’t seem to find the right answer, then you’ve come to the right place as our tech experts will explain in a very simple way.
You may think that the Firestick would be blocked from being used on a competing device. But you can actually use a Firestick with your Roku TV. We’ll show you how to connect an Amazon Firestick with any Roku TV with this page.
To Connect Firestick to TCL Roku TV
- Step 1: Plug the Firestick into the HDMI port
- Step 2: Go to Settings on Roku TV, scroll down to and select TV Inputs, select HDMI port. Select Set up input, after doing this step, an HDMI icon will appear on the Home screen of your Roku TV.
- Step 3: To easily distinguish and find the Firestick you will want to rename the HDMI input, to do this, go back to Settings ⇾ TV Inputs ⇾ HDMI
- Step 4: You will see three options: Rename, Remove, HDMI Mode. Now, you want to select Rename, scroll down to “Edit custom name & icon” and select to continue.
- Step 5: Enter the FireTV “name” you want, select OK, then select a recognizable icon, select OK
- Step 6: Return to the main screen of Roku TV, you will see the new Firestick icon right there, click on it to access Firestick. When you get to the Fire TV Stick’s screen, you’ll need to use its remote to browse.
Here’s all you need to do to add Firestick on a Roku Tv device, as simple as that. In the next parts, I will answer questions about Firestick installation, such as does Firestick work with built-in HDMI, what are the best HDMI devices for Firestick, do you need Firestick on Roku TV.
Does Firestick work with a built-in HDMI port?
The answer is an absolute yes. Fire TV Stick can do a great job with your available HDMI port. The thing is, not all smart TVs have this type of connection.
What’s more, if you already use your single HDMI port to connect to a Roku Stick or Roku-enabled device, then there isn’t any HDMI port left for the Firestick. That’s why if TVs have no or only 1 HDMI port, an additional port comes for rescue.
Can I continue using my Roku service without a firestick?
Absolutely YES, the choice is up to you. Roku is one of the long-standing and best-supported streaming services on the market. For those in their 30s, 40s or so, Roku is the most familiar platform. You can use Roku to watch diverse IPTV services or stream thousands of your favorite content.
However, the Fire TV Stick earns a reputation for very sound reasons. And Roku featuring Firestick is such a great combination for Roku TV owners.
Why should I install Firestick on Roku TVs:
- Being the champion for the IPTV streaming platform, Fire Stick also has a myriad of reasons for you to say yes.
- Firestick interface is more user-friendly, and it offers the best user experience out there.
- Firestick lets you use voice control with Alexa
- You’ll find information faster than using Roku’s manual keyboard
- Access and play content with simple voice commands
- Play all types of media without having to touch any buttons
- Firestick has thousands of streaming apps and excellent VPN support if needed