Here is the complete guide information about How to Connect Firestick to Samsung Smart TV. The Amazon Fire Stick proved to be the innovation of a decade, as it has the capabilities to make non-smart TVs display online content. However, in this age of “smart TVs,” many households cannot distinguish between the functions of a smart Tv and a dedicated streaming device.
This guide will explain how you can pair an Amazon Fire Stick with your Samsung Smart TV to access all the best content on your smart TV.
What is the Amazon Fire TV Stick
Amazon Fire Stick is another tool that adds to your home streaming technology. It comes in three models: Amazon Fire Stick Lite, Standard, and 4K. So no matter what version of the pan you have, plug the Fire Stick device into your HDMI port, and you’ll have access to your favorite TV shows, movies, music, photos, and games. The Amazon Fire Stick is very easy to use and allows you to take your media anywhere.
You can easily watch things like Amazon Prime Video, Netflix, and YouTube. Fire Stick also supports Voice commands. This means that it can be controlled with Alexa-enabled devices.
About Amazon Firestick compatibility and requirements
As mentioned above, Firestick is a gadget or device that allows users to stream a wide variety of television content. Further, this device has a feature of voice commands, making it more appealing. However, for the users who are looking for the steps on How to connect firestick to Samsung smart TV, it is required that they complete information regarding the requirements of the Amazon Firestick.
- It is required that the Samsung TV should be HDTV compatible and should have an HDMI port.
- Also, the user must have a stable Wifi connection to stream videos without any interruption.
- Lastly, the user needs to register the Firestick to their Amazon account to access the streaming services.
Further, for the users who are looking for the steps on How to connect firestick to Samsung smart TV, they can check out the detailed procedure mentioned below.
How to Connect Your Amazon Fire Stick to a Samsung Smart TV?
The process of connecting a Samsung Smart TV to a Fire Stick is very similar to connecting it with any other TV. Go through the steps detailed below to understand this simple yet lengthy process.
- Unbox your Fire Stick and recognize the components so that you can follow the rest of the steps easily. There will be a remote, some batteries for the remote, a USB cable (depending on the model), an HDMI extender, and the Fire Stick itself.
- Plug the Fire Stick into the adapter via a USB cable, and then plug in the adapter to an electrical outlet near your TV. Additionally, some people also opt to connect the USB cable to the TV rather than the adapter. This would also power up the Fire Stick adequately.
- Plug in the Fire Stick directly into the HDMI port of your Samsung smart TV to establish the required data transfer. If your TV supports the HDMI 1.4 feature, then you may even get a 4K resolution on your TV. Most recent sets have this feature!
- From your Samsung remote, choose the “sources” option and click the correct “HDMI” option to access the Fire Stick.
- The screen would then change, and the HDMI input would start to load on your screen. The loading screen has the Fire Stick logo on it. Please wait for a couple of moments for it to initialize.
- You would need to pair your Amazon remote with the Fire Stick to carry on with the next steps. To do this, you need to press the home button on the remote after placing the batteries in it. Keep it pressed for a couple of moments until the pair is complete.
- Connect your device to your Wi-Fi by following the on-screen instructions.
- Register or login with your Amazon account to complete the setup. You do not need an Amazon Prime Account to access the device; just a normal Amazon account will do.
After completing the setup, you can access all the Amazon apps. You do not need to do the setup every time you start up the device; however, pairing it with a new TV would require a setup. In that case, follow the steps from step one again.
How to Connect Your Amazon Fire Stick to a Samsung TV Without a Remote?
If you cannot get your hands on the Amazon Fire Stick remote, then there are other ways to operate it. You can either use your TV’s remote following the steps listed above.
You can also use an app to control the Fire stick as well! Follow the steps below to find out how to do this.
- Download the Fire Stick app on your Android or IOS device and connect it to the same Wi-Fi that the Fire Stick is connected to.
- Go to the “available devices” in the app and choose the Fire Stick that it shows.
- Enter the code that shows on the TV into the app to finish pairing successfully.
- You can now operate the Fire Stick via your phone.
How To Use Amazon Firestick Remote?
While connecting firestick with Samsung smart TV you need to set up firestick remote so get follow the steps for use of Amazon firestick remote –
- Plug the USB Micro cable into the power adapter.
- Plug the other end into the Fire TV Stick.
- Plug the Fire TV Stick into an HDMI port in your TV.
- Press Home on your remote.
- Press Play/Pause on your remote.
How to Connect Amazon Fire Stick to WiFi?
Learn Aside teaches you how to connect Amazon firestick to your home Wi-Fi internet –
- Connect Firestick directly to HDMI port of your Samsung smart TV
- Connect the Firestick to power
- Select the Setting option avail in the main home screen
- Choose the Network option
- Select your preferred network
- Enter the Wi-Fi network password
- Select the Connect button
Hence, this was the complete information on How to connect firestick to Samsung smart TV and resolve the related issues. If the user has more queries, they can contact the support for required help and enjoy uninterrupted streaming services.